Gather your family, spouse, friends or roommates for an Epic Road Trip!
Before You Leave:
On the Road – Myrtle Beach or Bust!
Plot out your route from home to Myrtle Beach, and see what fun things are along the way! How much time will each add to your trip, and are they worth the side trip? Some destination ideas to look up:
• National Parks (get a park passport from the giftshop to track your parks!)
• State Parks and Recreation Areas
• Factory Outlet Centers (for the shopaholics in your group!)
• South of the Border – if you approach Myrtle Beach from the north, you’ll see the signs…
Watch our video playlist for insider tips on getting ready for your road trip!
Print our Packing List HERE!
Tune in HERE
Don’t forget to print what you need before you leave:
Document your adventures with one or more of these challenges!
Now’s the perfect time to curl up with a good book…and what’s better than a summertime, Grand Strand or beach-themed read? Our favorites include:
“Hidden History of the Grand Strand” by Rick Simmons
“Nights of Rodanthe” by Nicholas Sparks
“Dreams of Falling” by Karen White
“Brookgreen Gardens | A Garden In Verse”
“Tales from Brookgreen” by Lynn Michelson
“Lowcountry Tales” a series by Dorothea Benton Frank
“Memories of Myrtle Beach” by Jack Thompson
“P is for Palmetto: A South Carolina Alphabet” by Carol Crane
Possible sources: Amazon.com (don’t forget to check for a Kindle version if you have one), BarnesandNoble.com, and the Brookgreen Gardens online store can be found HERE.
Take a break from your fellow road-trippers, and imagine that you are already at the beach!
These 20 minutes of ocean waves might also help you catch some zzz’s in the car – just not for the driver!
* Tips for mobile viewing – to go full screen, look and see if there is an icon in the lower right corner of the video. You may just need to tap on the play icon and rotate your phone sideways to go full screen.
We are booking for summer! Reserve a great deal for your next beach escape HERE!