Gather up your family, spouse or roommate for a few virtual vacation moments with us!
What do you want to do first?
Now’s the perfect time to curl up with a good book…and what’s better than a summertime, Grand Strand or beach-themed read? Our favorites include:
“Hidden History of the Grand Strand” by Rick Simmons
“Nights of Rodanthe” by Nicholas Sparks
“Dreams of Falling” by Karen White
“Brookgreen Gardens | A Garden In Verse”
“Tales from Brookgreen” by Lynn Michelson
“Lowcountry Tales” a series by Dorothea Benton Frank
“Memories of Myrtle Beach” by Jack Thompson
“P is for Palmetto: A South Carolina Alphabet” by Carol Crane
Possible sources: Amazon.com (don’t forget to check for a Kindle version if you have one), BarnesandNoble.com, and the Brookgreen Gardens online store can be found HERE.
Grab some popcorn and soda, sit back and stream these beach, vacation and summer themed-movies!
Our favorites and where you can find them:
This refreshing drink is perfect for your virtual vacation. It will bring the taste of the tropics right to your own backyard. Pull up a beach chair, grab your sunglasses and take a big sip. Relax, you deserve it!
Gather up your ingredients: Ice, .75 oz. Tequila, .75 oz Coconut Rum, .25 oz Triple Sec, .5 oz Lime Juice, 2 oz. Sour Mix, 2 oz. Pineapple Juice, 1 oz. Blue Curacao.
Directions: Pour the tequila, rum, triple sec, lime juice, sour mix, pineapple juice and blue curacao into a shaker over ice. Shake vigorously and strain over ice into a margarita glass. Garnish with an orange and maraschino cherry. Cheers!
Alcohol-Free Tropical Margarita
Gather up your ingredients: Ice, 1 part Orange Juice, 1 part Lime Juice, 2 parts Coconut Water, 3 parts Pineapple Juice.
Pour the orange juice, lime juice, coconut water, and pineapple juice into a shaker over ice. Shake vigorously and strain over ice into a margarita glass. Garnish with an orange and maraschino cherry. Cheers!
Upload these backgrounds to Zoom with the simple instructions below to enjoy a virtual vacation at work or chatting with friends! They also make great screen savers!
1. Find a medium to dark solid background that is not the same color as your shirt. Be sure the area is well-lit.
2. Choose an image below, and click on the HERE for the larger image. Right click on the image you want to use and save it to your computer or hold down on the image and save to your phone.
3. Open Zoom.
4. On the lower left of the screen, click on the top arrow beside “Stop Video” and select “Choose a Virtual Background”.
5. Click “+ Add Image” and upload your desired background.
6. Un-check “Mirror My Video” on the bottom right if the logo appears backwards.
7. If your background is hard to make out, you may need to find a darker solid background or move into a more lit area.
8. Show us a screenshot of your meeting with the background!
9. Have fun at the virtual beach!
Download full sized image HERE
Download full sized image HERE
Take a deep breath, and allow us to transport you to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for 20 Minutes.
Set us up on your second screen at work and let the sound of the ocean waves melt your stress away.
Using your cell phone for a mental break? Put on some headphones and imagine yourself at the beach.
Having trouble sleeping tonight? Beach sounds are great for that, too!
* Tips for best desktop viewing – use the corner icon to go full screen, then adjust the HD Settings to fit your screen and internet speed.
* Tips for mobile viewing – to go full screen, look and see if there is an icon in the lower right corner of the video. You may just need to tap on the play icon and rotate your phone sideways to go full screen.
We are booking for summer! Reserve a great deal for your next beach escape HERE or call (800) 821-2994 and ask about our worry-free booking!